Aine Minogue, a wonderfully gifted Irish harper and singer, has created holiday music that takes us wandering the winter landscapes of soul and settles us before a blazing fire, our hearts full of Yuletide cheer. Aine and her accompanying musicians bring us a sumptuous feast of song, poetry, and dance music, perfect for celebrating Christmas with joy.
What is it about Celtic music that truly does warm the heart and soul? Maybe it's all those days of damp, bone-chilling clouds and rain in Ireland and Scotland, where music has to stir the blood and inspire the spirit more than in other climates. Maybe it's the Celts' innate understanding of the forces of light and darkness, life and death, and their ability to walk between worlds with courage and will.
So you want to have an Irish or Celtic Christmas.
Here are 10 ways to do it and they relate directly to ancient customs and traditions.
1. For your Decorations: Holly
2. By Giving : The Candle in the Window and the Laden Table in Ireland
4. With your Cards & Greeting: Celtic Blessings (for your Cards and eCards)
5. At your Gathering: Learn how to say "Merry Christmas" in Gaelic
6. For yourself: Here's some lovely Irish Christmas poetry to read and share with friends and loved ones.
8. Connect to your ancient past: Learn about the ancient monument of Newgrange in Ireland